For the eighth consecutive year, Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AMP) has earned the top rating of 100 percent on the Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. The company joins 303 U.S. businesses that received top marks on the 2014 index for their policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees and consumers.
“It’s an honor to be recognized for our support of LGBT employees and communities,” said Jay Johnson, vice president of talent acquisition and diversity at Ameriprise Financial. “Our company is a great place to work because our employees bring their unique identities and perspectives to the workplace. We value this diversity of thought in our employees, our advisors and our clients.”
The CEI rated 934 businesses in total, evaluating LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination policies, transgender health benefits and domestic partner benefits. Ameriprise Financial earned the prestigious 100 percent score for ensuring LGBT equality in each of the survey’s main criterion. A few highlights from this year’s index include:
- The number of top-rated businesses has leapt from 189 to 303 in just two years.
- Most (91 percent) of Fortune 500 companies on the list provide explicit protections on the basis of sexual orientation and 61 percent on the basis of gender identity, a historic high. Two thirds (67%) offer same-sex partner benefits, another record.
- In just four years, the number of major employers covering medically necessary sex reassignment surgery for employees has gone from 49 to 338, including 28 percent of the Fortune 500. In addition, over 260 major employers have implemented more robust and supportive inclusion guidelines for their transitioning employees.
For more information on the 2014 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit hrc.org/cei.About Ameriprise FinancialAt Ameriprise Financial, we have been helping people feel confident about their financial future for over 115 years. With outstanding asset management, advisory and insurance capabilities and a nationwide network of approximately 10,000 financial advisors, we have the strength and expertise to serve the full range of individual and institutional investors' financial needs. For more information, or to find an Ameriprise financial advisor, visit ameriprise.com. © 2013 Ameriprise Financial, Inc. All rights reserved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV