NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sam Hamadeh has become an expert in waddling over and eating at the online streaming music buffet.
"We do not have an ax to grind in this," explained the entrepreneur-in-residence at The Wharton School of business, at the University of Pennsylvania. "But people are fascinated by how the digital music world works. So how Spotify, Pandora (P) and iHeartRadio work is something I've picked up."
Hamadeh, who owns and runs the 25-person PrivCo financial data analysis shop in New York, collects financial information on more than 220,000 privately held companies. The data he sifts on private online streaming music services such as Spotify and iHeartRadio are some of the most sought after.
And Hamadeh says, Spotify is probably finding itself in one tough spot."So far, the bigger Spotify has grown, the more money it loses," he said. "And if you do the math, there is no end in sight for the losses." What puts Hamadeh's take on Spotify on the music investor pop charts is that last week CEO Daniel Ek began one odd online media tour. He made himself available to major outlets such as England's The Guardian to talk up a new website dubbed Spotify for Artists. Here in deep, deep detail, the firm breaks out how it shares revenues, fair and square, with music creators around the globe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV