PLEASANTON, Calif., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) announced today that it received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2014 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
"Having a workplace that is supportive and celebrates diversity is not only important, but is key to the success of our business," said Larree Renda, Executive Vice President. "Through the efforts of our Employee Resource Groups and Human Resources Department, we have a company that offers a positive culture, good benefits and opportunities for our employees."
Some of the programs and initiatives that make Safeway one of the best places to work include:
- An inclusive benefits package
- An LGBT employee resource group, Safeway Gay and Lesbian Alliance, which was created in 2006
- Financial sponsorship and participation in annual AIDS Walk fundraiser in several cities as well as the annual Pride Parade in San Francisco, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV