Global nutrition company, Herbalife (NYSE: HLF), today announced the appointment of Maria Otero to the Company’s Board of Directors, effective December 7, 2013. Otero has spent an illustrious career focused on tackling poverty and empowering those less fortunate around the world, and her leadership, experience and insight will be a valuable addition to the Herbalife Board.
Otero joins as an independent Director. With her appointment, Herbalife has increased the size of its Board to 13 members, 10 of whom are independent.
“For more than 30 years, I have focused on helping individuals empower themselves through work, so they can take control of their own lives. I have seen first-hand the power of giving those individuals and entire communities the chance to realize their potential,” said Otero. “Having spent a lot of time getting to know Herbalife, I am convinced this is a company that shares my belief in the positive impact that economic empowerment can bring to society.”
“Throughout a career focused on helping others, Maria has shown what can be achieved if people are just given the opportunity. She is a recognized leader in the field of micro-enterprise, and we are delighted to welcome her to Herbalife’s Board of Directors,” said Michael O. Johnson, chairman and chief executive officer of Herbalife. “Maria will be a tremendous addition to our Board, and we look forward to leveraging her unparalleled knowledge and insight towards a shared goal of providing an equal and accessible opportunity to everyone who needs it.”About Maria Otero Otero currently serves on the Council on Foreign Relations and serves on the boards of Kresge Foundation, Public Welfare Foundation and Development Alternatives Inc.. She has chaired the board of Bread for the World, and also served on the boards of the Calvert Foundation, U.S. Institute for Peace, the Inter-American Foundation and BRAC in Bangladesh.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV