National League Of Cities President Chris Coleman To Testify Before House Transportation Committee Hearing
WASHINGTON, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- National League of Cities (NLC) President Chris Coleman, mayor, St. Paul, Minn., is scheduled to testify before the U.S. House of Representatives Transportation Subcommittee on Highways and Transit on the impact of the New Starts program on local infrastructure projects and local economic vitality. The hearing will be held Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 2:00 p.m. EST at 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
WHO: NLC President Chris Coleman, mayor, St. Paul, Minn.
WHAT: U.S. House of Representatives Transportation Subcommittee on Highways and Transit hearing "Examining the Current and Future Demands on FTA's Capital Investment Grants." Mayor Coleman will speak about the Federal Transit Administration's (FTA) New Starts program and the reliance of cities and localities to utilize program funding to help build their transit systems.The National League of Cities – representing cities large and small – views transit funding as a critical federal investment and supports continued support for the New Starts and Small Starts program to spur economic growth across America. A recent analysis by the nonprofit organization Reconnecting America found 729 transportation projects are planned in 109 regions, projecting to cost more than $250 billion dollars. If the New Starts program continues at its current size, it would take more than 80 years for all of these projects to be built – too long to wait. WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 2:00 p.m. EST WHERE: 2167 Rayburn House Office Building The National League of Cities (NLC) is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. NLC is a resource and advocate for 19,000 cities, towns and villages, representing more than 218 million Americans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV