1. As of noon trading, Amazon.com ( AMZN) is down $2.16 (-0.6%) to $384.79 on light volume. Thus far, 1.0 million shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $382.57-$388.21 after having opened the day at $388.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $386.95. Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. The company operates in two segments, North America and International. Amazon.com has a market cap of $176.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1373.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 53.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Amazon.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amazon.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Get the full Amazon.com Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts