SRCL, VMC And RSG, Pushing Materials & Construction Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, Republic Services ( RSG) is down $0.33 (-0.9%) to $34.57 on light volume. Thus far, 540,590 shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.48-$34.95 after having opened the day at $34.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.90. Republic Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, and recycling and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. Republic Services has a market cap of $12.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Republic Services Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts