SGEN, SNY And REGN, 3 Health Care Stocks Pushing The Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals ( REGN) is down $2.33 (-0.8%) to $280.41 on average volume. Thus far, 323,346 shares of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 776,900 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $279.18-$287.50 after having opened the day at $284.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $282.74. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions in the United States and internationally. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $27.6 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 65.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Regeneron Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health care sector could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health care sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts