Canada World Youth And The Mi'kmaq Confederacy Of PEI Offer Aboriginal Young People A National Dialogue On Issues And Priorities
MONTREAL, Dec. 9, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Rita S. Karakas, President and Chief Executive Officer of Canada World Youth (CWY), and Sandra Gaudet, Executive Director of the Mi'kmaq Confederacy of Prince Edward Island (MCPEI), signed a memorandum of understanding to co-host a national Aboriginal youth symposium, "Aboriginal Youth and Confederation: Learning From the Past & Building For the Future" in Charlottetown, to be held in Prince Edward Island on June 26-28, 2014. The symposium provides Aboriginal young people from across Canada with the opportunity to identify and prioritize their needs, issues and ideas in the context of Confederation and its impacts on Aboriginal people in the past, present and future.
"This symposium will enable Aboriginal youth to identifying specific needs in skill development and educational interests from the various programs offered by CWY over the past 40 years, explains Rita S. Karakas.
According to Sandra Gaudet, "Both of our organizations are committed to supporting the knowledge and skills of Aboriginal youth to play leadership roles in their communities and increase their involvement in the roles and issues that are important to them."
The MOU provides a framework for cooperation by which CWY and MCPEI will work closely to advance the Project and its objectives as follows:
- Provide a forum for Aboriginal young people to share information about the contemporary significance of Confederation.
- Generate ideas for addressing specific challenges facing Aboriginal young people across Canada.
- Create formal and informal networks to assist Aboriginal young people across the country with the development of a 'National Framework'.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV