Seattle Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) today summarized ADCETRIS (brentuximab vedotin) data in Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma from multiple presentations at the 55 th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition taking place in New Orleans, Louisiana, December 7-10, 2013. Highlights include encouraging interim data from a phase 2 clinical trial evaluating ADCETRIS as a single-agent for previously untreated HL patients age 60 or older and updated data from a phase 1 clinical trial of ADCETRIS in combination with chemotherapy for the treatment of newly diagnosed mature T-cell lymphoma (MTCL) patients, commonly referred to as peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL). In addition, data were presented from an investigator-sponsored phase 2 clinical trial evaluating ADCETRIS in relapsed cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL). ADCETRIS is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) directed to CD30. ADCETRIS is currently not approved for the treatment of frontline HL, frontline MTCL or relapsed CTCL.
“ADCETRIS is being evaluated broadly through more than 20 ongoing corporate and investigator-sponsored clinical trials in a variety of Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma disease settings,” said Jonathan Drachman, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President, Research and Development at Seattle Genetics. “The interim data evaluating ADCETRIS as a treatment for older Hodgkin lymphoma patients are particularly encouraging, suggesting compelling activity and a manageable safety profile in a patient population that historically cannot tolerate conventional combination chemotherapy regimens and has inferior outcomes. In addition, updated data from trials evaluating ADCETRIS in both frontline mature T-cell lymphoma and cutaneous T-cell lymphoma provide strong rationale for the ongoing phase 3 ECHELON-2 and ALCANZA clinical trials.”
Frontline Data Presentations
A Phase 2 Study of Single-Agent Brentuximab Vedotin for Frontline Therapy of Hodgkin Lymphoma in Patients Age 60 Years and Above: Interim Results (Abstract #4389)Data were presented from an ongoing phase 2 clinical trial evaluating ADCETRIS as frontline therapy for patients age 60 or older with previously untreated HL. The data presented are from a trial that is designed to assess the activity and tolerability of ADCETRIS as a monotherapy for older HL patients who have received no prior treatment. Interim data were reported from 19 patients. The median age of patients was 78 years (range, 64 to 92). The data were highlighted in a poster presentation by Dr. Christopher Yasenchak from the Northwest Cancer Specialists in Tualatin, OR. The key findings included:
- Of the 19 patients evaluable at the time of this analysis, 17 patients (89 percent) had an objective response, including 12 (63 percent) complete remissions and five (26 percent) partial remissions.
- All 19 patients (100 percent) achieved tumor reduction as determined by best percentage change from baseline.
- The median duration of treatment was 18 weeks (six cycles) at the time of analysis.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events were Grade 1 or 2 and included peripheral sensory neuropathy (47 percent), fatigue (32 percent), diarrhea (26 percent), peripheral edema (26 percent), itching (26 percent), hair loss (21 percent), nausea (21 percent) and urinary tract infection (21 percent).
- Grade 3 events occurring in one patient each included peripheral sensory neuropathy, rash, neutropenia and dizziness upon standing. No Grade 4 events were observed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV