AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Electric Transmission Texas, LLC (ETT) has energized the last of seven 345-kilovolt (kV) transmission line projects associated with the Competitive Renewable Energy Zones (CREZ) initiative in west Texas.
The Edith Clarke to Cottonwood transmission line was energized to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) grid on Dec. 4. The transmission line is 88.4 miles long and runs from the Crowell area in Foard County to the Afton area in Dickens County. This phase of the ETT CREZ program represents approximately $175.4 million of ETT's estimated total CREZ investment of approximately $1.5 billion.
Energizing the Edith Clarke to Cottonwood transmission line completes the last of the seven greenfield 345-kV transmission projects assigned to ETT as part of the CREZ initiative. The overall CREZ initiative involves nine different transmission service providers, including ETT, constructing 2,400 miles of transmission lines to carry 18,500 megawatts of west Texas wind generation to major load centers in ERCOT. All CREZ projects are scheduled for completion by the end of 2013. ETT received the second largest assignment of CREZ projects from the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT).
ETT, a joint venture between subsidiaries of American Electric Power (NYSE: AEP) and MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company, received 20 percent of the Texas CREZ initiative. ETT's share of the CREZ project includes building approximately 460 miles of new double-circuit 345-kV lines, upgrading three 138-kV existing lines totaling 178 miles and 16 switching stations, as well as acquiring rights-of-way across 578 tracts of land and upgrading existing stations and transmission lines. It is the largest transmission construction venture in AEP's history and one of its most demanding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV