NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Last week was loaded with important economic data reports and potential game changers for the stock market. While this week is a little quieter, there are still big earnings reports from retailers and homebuilders.
TheStreet's Brittany Umar breaks down what investors should be watching in the week ahead.
Pep Boys (PBY) starts things off by reporting earnings after the close on Monday. The conference call is scheduled Tuesday morning.
Toll Brothers (TOL) reports earnings before the open on Tuesday. Investors will be anxious to see how higher interest rates have affected housing demand, Umar said.Costco Wholesale (COST) reports earnings before the open on Wednesday, following a subpar same-store sales report that missed analysts' expectations for November, she added. Men's Wearhouse (MW) will report after the close on Wednesday, and investors will be listening for any new developments on the company's recent offer to buyout Jos. A. Bank Clothiers (JOSB). On Thursday, the retail sales report for November will be released at 8:30 a.m. EST. Lululemon Athletica (LULU) and Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV) will report earnings before the open on Thursday and Quicksilver (ZQK) will report after the close. To wrap up the week, the producer price index for the month of November will be released at 8:30 a.m. EST. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV