Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: SIX, PEG, SDRL
Seadrill (NYSE: SDRL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.10%. Seadrill Limited provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Floaters, Jack-up Rigs, and Tender Rigs. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.77. The average volume for Seadrill has been 2,177,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Seadrill has a market cap of $19.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 13.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Seadrill as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SDRL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEADRILL LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 52.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $188.00 million to $286.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $533.00 million or 29.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SEADRILL LTD's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 31.01%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV