CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its eighth annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
The "Housing for Everyone" competition, the TD Charitable Foundation's signature program to bolster affordable housing efforts, invited non-profits from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives.
"We are proud to award 'Housing for Everyone' grants to these outstanding organizations as they continue their efforts to stabilize communities and revitalize neighborhoods, and provide housing services to their many diverse populations," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "Our goal is to build successful partnerships that benefit people in our communities, and the 'Housing for Everyone' grants will support the tremendous work of these non-profits as they strive to help the underserved."This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut : Mutual Housing of Greater Hartford, Inc.
- Florida : Neighborhood Housing and Development Corporation in Gainesville; Mid-Florida Housing Partnership, Inc. in Daytona Beach; Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami
- Maine : Community Housing of Maine, Inc. in Portland
- Massachusetts : Valley Community Development Corporation in Northampton; Twin Cities Community Development Corporation in Fitchburg; Lawrence Community Works, Inc. in Lawrence
- New Hampshire : NeigborWorks Greater Manchester
- New Jersey : Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc. in Orange; Garden State Episcopal Community Development in Jersey City
- New York: Women in Need, Inc, in New York; Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc. in Hauppauge; Community League of the Heights, Inc. in New York; Rural Ulster Preservation Company, Inc. in Kingston; Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation in the Bronx
- Pennsylvania: New Kensington Community Development Corporation in Philadelphia; Asociacion Puertorriquenos En Marha, Inc. in Philadelphia; Impact Services Corp. in Philadelphia; Intercommunity Action, Inc. in Philadelphia
- North Carolina : Mountain Housing Opportunities, Inc. in Asheville
- Rhode Island : Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation in Pawtucket
- South Carolina : Homes of Hope, Inc. in Greensville
- Vermont : Champlain Housing Trust in Burlington
- Washington , DC: TRF Development Partners, Inc. in Baltimore