CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its eighth annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
The "Housing for Everyone" competition, the TD Charitable Foundation's signature program to bolster affordable housing efforts, invited non-profits from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives.
"We are proud to award 'Housing for Everyone' grants to these outstanding organizations as they continue their efforts to stabilize communities and revitalize neighborhoods, and provide housing services to their many diverse populations," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "Our goal is to build successful partnerships that benefit people in our communities, and the 'Housing for Everyone' grants will support the tremendous work of these non-profits as they strive to help the underserved."This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut : Mutual Housing of Greater Hartford, Inc.
- Florida : Neighborhood Housing and Development Corporation in Gainesville; Mid-Florida Housing Partnership, Inc. in Daytona Beach; Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami
- Maine : Community Housing of Maine, Inc. in Portland
- Massachusetts : Valley Community Development Corporation in Northampton; Twin Cities Community Development Corporation in Fitchburg; Lawrence Community Works, Inc. in Lawrence
- New Hampshire : NeigborWorks Greater Manchester
- New Jersey : Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc. in Orange; Garden State Episcopal Community Development in Jersey City
- New York: Women in Need, Inc, in New York; Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc. in Hauppauge; Community League of the Heights, Inc. in New York; Rural Ulster Preservation Company, Inc. in Kingston; Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation in the Bronx
- Pennsylvania: New Kensington Community Development Corporation in Philadelphia; Asociacion Puertorriquenos En Marha, Inc. in Philadelphia; Impact Services Corp. in Philadelphia; Intercommunity Action, Inc. in Philadelphia
- North Carolina : Mountain Housing Opportunities, Inc. in Asheville
- Rhode Island : Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation in Pawtucket
- South Carolina : Homes of Hope, Inc. in Greensville
- Vermont : Champlain Housing Trust in Burlington
- Washington , DC: TRF Development Partners, Inc. in Baltimore
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV