VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC), one of the original automotive suppliers represented at the International CES®, will mark its 15 th year at the consumer electronics event in Las Vegas by unveiling several new concepts and industry partnerships focused on a new automotive user experience.
Drawing on innovations from the consumer electronics world, Visteon will display advanced cockpit electronics technologies that deliver a wider choice of information and applications to the driver and passengers while requiring less physical interaction, thus mitigating potential distractions. The Visteon Electronics display will be in Central Plaza #20.
"With our rich automotive heritage and global innovation capability, Visteon is ideally positioned to manage the intersection of consumer electronics and the automobile, which has essentially become the world's largest mobile device," said Timothy D. Leuliette, Visteon president and CEO. "2014 will be an exciting year for Visteon Electronics as we begin to deliver the technologies for the connected car. We look forward to showcasing our capabilities at CES, which has become synonymous with technology innovations."Highlights of Visteon Electronics' display at CES include:
- Advanced vehicle cockpit concepts exploring:
- A unique user interface controlled by the driver's eye gaze and head direction coupled with image attribute tracking;
- The use of gesture recognition, interacting with advanced camera technology, to replicate a virtual display of the driver's hand motion;
- A new connectivity gateway, designed to securely connect all aspects of the vehicle to the user and Cloud computing.
- The first presentation of Visteon's cockpit electronics experience developed for a new connected car project, which includes autonomous driving features, in collaboration with a European car manufacturer.
- Advanced connectivity and infotainment solutions based on open architectures and delivering a new experience of services and applications to drivers and passengers.
- Next-generation user interface products and concepts with advanced instrument display and touch technology, including reconfigurable, high-resolution color displays, offering clarity and graphics quality considered unrivaled in the automotive market.
- The unveiling of Visteon's new premium audio and infotainment; and instrumentation brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV