Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, a national investor-rights law firm, reminds investors of the Jan. 14, 2014 deadline to move to be a lead plaintiff in the securities fraud class-action lawsuit filed against Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. (“Tile Shop”) (NASDAQ: TTS) and the continued investigation into whether TTS dramatically overstated earnings and failed to disclose that Beijing Pingxiu, the company’s largest supplier, was secretly controlled by the brother-in-law of Tile Shop’s CEO. Investors who have suffered significant financial losses may contact a Hagens Berman attorney working on the investigation by emailing TTS@hbsslaw.com.
The class-action securities fraud suit was filed on behalf of investors who purchased Tile Shop securities between Aug. 22, 2012, and Nov. 13, 2013. Investors with significant losses may contact Hagens Berman Partner Reed Kathrein, who is leading the firm’s investigation, by calling (510) 725-3000. Additional information is available at http://hb-securities.com/investigations/TTS.
The investigation centers around allegations made in a report published by short-seller firm Gotham City Research LLC on Nov. 14, 2013. The report claimed that:
- Tile Shop overstated its earnings in 2013 by more than 200 percent.
- Beijing Pingxiu (BP), the company’s largest supplier, was related to Tile Shop, in that BP is secretly controlled by the brother-in-law of Tile Shop’s CEO.
- Tile Shop used BP to exaggerate its inventory and profits, purchasing goods at or near cost.
Gotham City’s report concluded that Tile Shop will be forced to restate the past several years’ financial results, and that Tile Shop shares were dramatically overvalued.Following the release of the report, Tile Shop’s stock price fell from a close of $21.22 on Nov. 13, 2013, to a close of $12.95 the next day. Following the price drop, Citigroup downgraded the company’s rating from buy to neutral on Nov. 18, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV