LAS VEGAS, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM), according to a prominent benchmarking organization, is among the nation's leading companies for workplace equality based on its policies and practices relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) announced that, for the second consecutive year, MGM Resorts has earned a perfect score from the 2014 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual HRC survey that ranks major companies for their non-discrimination and benefits practices with respect to LGBT employees. The CEI assessment focuses on corporate standards ranging from policies prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity to equality in health care benefits. A total of 934 businesses are rated in the 2014 CEI, of which 303 achieved 100 percent, earning them the coveted distinction of "Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality."
"We congratulate MGM Resorts International for obtaining a 100 percent on the 2014 Corporate Equality Index and earning the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality for the second year in a row," said Deena Fidas, Director of the Workplace Equality Program of the HRC Foundation.
"Diversity and inclusion serve as the bedrock of our company's culture; they are integral to our relationship with our employees, and they define the level of hospitality, gratitude and respect we provide our guests," said Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International. "This recognition is a reflection of our commitment to embracing and promoting equality at our company, every day."The 2014 Corporate Equality Index report is available at www.hrc.org/cei. This year's report findings include:
- In just two years under the most rigorous CEI criteria, the number of top-rated businesses has leapt from 189 to 303. This year, a record 301 of the Fortune 500-ranked businesses have official CEI ratings.
- A record 300 major businesses and law firms publicly supported pro-equality legislation at the state and federal levels – including those that took an active role in the marriage equality campaigns.
- Transgender-inclusive healthcare coverage continues to rise and is becoming a bellwether for full inclusion. Now in its third year as a mandatory criterion for a company to earn 100 percent, 338 (46 percent) participating companies offer comprehensive health care coverage to their transgender employees, up from 287 last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV