BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Sanofi US launched its second Partners in Patient Health (PiPH) Innovation Challenge: Collaborate | Innovate, which will award $100,000 to the winning team. This year's theme is " Co-Creating for Breakthroughs: Moving toward a collaborative research and development ecosystem." The Challenge calls on non-profit patient, provider and professional associations to partner with other associations and/or academic institutions to propose new approaches which translate patient insights into improvements in the drug development process.
A treatment breakthrough can cost billions of dollars and decades of time to research. Patient organizations are in the position of helping patients and their constituents to play an important role in research and development (R&D). Patient involvement in the entire process can lead to improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of industry efforts in developing new therapies.
"Patients can influence each phase of the R&D process from initial drug discovery, to clinical trial development, participation and post-approval monitoring," said Marc Bonnefoi, Head of North America R&D at Sanofi. "This year's Innovation Challenge will promote collaboration across a diverse community of patient advocates to put patients at the heart of the R&D process, which can ultimately improve their health outcomes and those of others who will benefit from access to new and innovative solutions."For consideration, the entries must meet the following criteria:
- Proposed ideas should focus on translating patient insights into improvements in the various stages of drug development.
- Submissions should include measurable goals with a clear view toward creating a proof-of-concept.
- The primary entrant must be a non-profit patient, provider or professional association partnering with one or more of the following: another non-profit patient, provider or professional association and/or an academic institution. A multidisciplinary approach is highly encouraged. All team members must be legally based in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV