Charles Schwab, one of the nation’s largest investment services firms with more than $2 trillion in client assets, announced today an “Accountability Guarantee” for clients enrolled in participating investment advisory services.* Under the Schwab Accountability Guarantee™, clients enrolled in a participating investment advisory service can request a complete refund of their program fees from the prior quarter if, for any reason, they are not happy.
“We believe that lasting client relationships are those with open communication at the center,” said Charles R. Schwab, founder and chairman of Charles Schwab Corp. “People deserve more than a ‘just trust me’ approach. Investors hold themselves accountable for achieving their goals in life, and deserve a financial services provider who is equally committed to helping them reach their goals. To us, accountability means delivering advice in a way that puts clients’ needs first, encouraging clients to engage with us in the investing process, openly discussing the reason for investment recommendations, being clear about costs and fees, continually asking for feedback and working to make things right when needed. It means that at Schwab, we stand behind what we say and what we do.”
According to Schwab, nearly nine out of 10 (89 percent) investors in a proprietary panel said that a financial services firm’s accountability is very important to them. A large majority (65 percent) said that lack of accountability would prompt them to reconsider their relationship with a financial firm or professional, and 72 percent felt that the current level of accountability in the industry is insufficient.
The Accountability Guarantee applies to the following participating investment advisory services:
- Schwab Private Client™ – An ongoing relationship with a dedicated Charles Schwab & Co., Financial Consultant with non-discretionary advice provided by Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc.
- Schwab Managed Account Connection Strategies
- Windhaven® Strategies – Broadly diversified investment strategies composed primarily of ETFs that strive to capture growth in rising markets while seeking to reduce exposure in declining ones.
- ThomasPartners™ Dividend Growth Strategy – A dividend income-focused money management strategy that provides a disciplined approach through diversified equity holdings based upon bottom- up fundamental analysis.
- Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. Managed Strategies – Strategies that leverage Schwab Equity Ratings®, an approach to identifying stocks that may outperform the market in the coming year.
- Schwab Managed Portfolios™ – Diversified portfolios of either mutual funds or ETFs designed for a range of investment strategies and managed by Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc.