OWINGS MILLS, Md., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, announced today the opening of a Medifast Weight Control Center in Bogota, Colombia.
The new Center in Bogota will open as a part of Medifast's strategic partnership with Medix, a leader in pharmaceutical obesity products. The partnership provides Medifast the opportunity to expand distribution of its products throughout Mexico, Central America, and South America, through both retail centers and Medix's existing physician network. Medix opened its first Medifast Weight Control Center in Mexico City in September, and this is the second of approximately 30 Centers Medix plans to open over the next several years.
" Colombia has a growing population seeking to lose weight and improve their overall health," said Michael MacDonald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medifast, Inc. "Together with Medix, we're proud to now be able to offer weight management options to support a healthier lifestyle."More than 60 Medifast products have been approved by INVIMA, the Colombian regulatory commission, and several prominent Colombian physicians are ready to incorporate Medifast into their recommendations for clients and patients as needed. "Medifast's scientific approach to weight management offers our clients a program that is safe and effective to help them reach and maintain their ideal weight," said Carlos Lopez Patan, Medix Chief Executive Officer. "We are pleased to offer the Medifast program to our clients, and we look forward to much success." Medifast products and programs have been recommended by more than 20,000 doctors since 1980. MED-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV