XI'AN, China, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- China Housing & Land Development, Inc., ("China Housing" or the "Company," NASDAQ: CHLN) will hold its 2013 annual general meeting ("AGM") of shareholders at its corporate headquarter at 1008 Liuxue Road, Baqiao District, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China at 9:00 a.m. local time on December 27, 2013 ( 8:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on December 26, 2013).
The items of business scheduled to be voted on at the Annual Meeting are:
- the election of seven (7) directors to the Board of Directors of the Company;
- a proposal to approve, on an advisory and non-binding basis, the compensation of the Company's named executive officers as described in this Proxy Statement;
- a proposal to approve, on an advisory and non-binding basis, the frequency of non-binding shareholder votes on the compensation of the Company's named executive officers; and
- ratification of the selection of MNP LLP (" MNP") as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the 2013 fiscal year.
Shareholders of record as of November 14, 2013 will be entitled to receive notice of and vote at the annual general meeting. The Company filed its annual report on Form 10-K/A, including its audited financial statements for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). The Company filed its proxy statement for the AGM with the SEC on December 6, 2013.
About China Housing & Land Development, Inc.Based in Xi'an, the capital city of China's Shaanxi province, China Housing & Land Development, Inc., is a leading developer of residential and commercial properties in northwest China. China Housing has been engaged in land acquisition, development, and management, including the sales of residential and commercial real estate properties through its wholly-owned subsidiary in China, since 1992. China Housing & Land Development is the first and only Chinese real estate development company traded on NASDAQ. The Company's news releases, project information, photographs, and more are available on the internet at www.chldinc.com. Safe Harbor Statement This news release may contain forward-looking information about China Housing & Land Development, Inc. which is covered under the safe harbor for forward-looking statements provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as believe, expect, may, will, should, project, plan, seek, intend, or anticipate or the negative thereof or comparable terminology, and include discussions of strategy, and statements about industry trends and China Housing & Land Development's future performance, operations, and products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV