NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the data, cloud and international communications business within NTT (NYSE: NTT), today announced NTT Communications Cloud Recovery has received the highest score for product rating in Gartner’s “ Critical Capabilities for Recovery as a Service 1” report G00247389, published 7 November 2013. This report focused on seven critical capabilities that are essential to the selection of RaaS providers, and services that are the best fits with an organization’s business and IT operations management (ITOM) requirements. To request a copy of the report please go to: http://ww2.us.ntt.com/lp/gartnerraasreport12-2013.html, or stop by NTT Communications’ booth #112 at the Gartner Data Center Conference, December 9-12 at The Venetian Resort Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV.
Gartner estimates that the global RaaS market will be approximately $564 million in 2013, with a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of at least 21% during the next three years (see Gartner’s “Market Trends: Assessment of the Rapidly Growing Market for Cloud-Based Recovery Services 2”). For businesses looking to deploy RaaS during the next 12 months, Gartner assessed how NTT Communications delivers managed recovery against the documented critical capabilities and reported on key findings.
- NTT Communications Cloud Recovery received the highest score for product rating, the highest scores in three of the four use cases: mission-critical workload recovery, extended recovery operations, and managed service failover; as well as the highest score for overall use case. The overall use case score is the result of composite scoring for each provider’s service, which is the average of the four different use cases.
- NTT Communications Cloud Recovery earned the highest combined score for critical capabilities.
- NTT Communications Cloud Recovery was rated the highest for mission-critical workload recovery use case, extended recovery operations use case, and managed service failover use case. In each of these use cases, NTT Communications Cloud Recovery was assessed with the highest combined scores for all critical criteria.
Gartner’s “Critical Capabilities for Recovery as a Service” report evaluated the capabilities of a selected set of providers in four segments including communication services providers (CSPs), DR/BC service providers, hosting and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) vendors, and direct cloud recovery vendors, based on previously defined inclusion criteria. Seven critical capabilities were applied to assess the alternative RaaS offerings: physical and virtual system recovery, testing and declaration, service manageability, pricing policy, resiliency security and compliance, and value-added services. A score that summarized how well providers met the critical capabilities overall, and for each use case, was then calculated by Gartner for each product. This research report evaluated RaaS provider capability in four different use cases: production and application data recovery, mission-critical workload, extended recovery, and managed service failover.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV