SL Green Realty Corp. (NYSE: SLG) and partner Jeff Sutton announced today that they have signed a new lease with a major European fashion house, completing the retail repositioning at 747 Madison Avenue.
The new approximately 2,800 square foot, 15-year lease fills the remaining availability at grade at 747 Madison Avenue, completing the dramatic repositioning at the property and bringing it to 100% occupancy.
Additionally, the Company announced three major capital markets transactions:
- The Company is conveying its 33.3 percent stake in the retail co-op at 747 Madison in a deal which values the asset at $160 million. In conjunction with the closing of the transaction, SL Green will make a $30 million preferred equity investment in the property.
- The Company is also conveying its 50 percent stake in the retail stores located at 21-29 West 34 th Street. The agreement values the entire property, which includes the tenancies of Apple, Aldo and Geox, at $195 million. SL Green will retain its 50% share of 152,000 square feet of development rights.
- Through its debt and preferred equity platform, SL Green is making a $100 million participating structured investment in conjunction with Jeff Sutton’s planned joint venture investment at 530-536 Broadway, a retail and office property located in the heart of SoHo that currently features tenants Eastern Mountain Sports, Club Monaco, AT&T and Vince Camuto.
SL Green President, Andrew Mathias, said, “The lease signed at 747 Madison Avenue, coupled with the Alexander McQueen transaction at the Property announced earlier this year, perfectly demonstrates the power of our partnership. In less than two years, we completed a highly structured acquisition utilizing cash and stock, significantly enlarged the retail footprint at the property and signed leases with two world-class retailers. SL Green and Jeff Sutton are New York City’s leading retail team.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV