OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Equal Energy Ltd. ("Equal" or the "Company") (NYSE: EQU) (TSX: EQU) is pleased to announce that the Company has entered into a definitive agreement ("Arrangement Agreement") with Petroflow Energy Corporation and Petroflow Canada Acquisition Corp. (collectively defined as "Petroflow") for the cash purchase of all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Equal at a price of US$5.43 per share, on a fully-diluted basis. The total transaction value, including net debt and transaction costs, is approximately US$230 million. The transaction received unanimous approval by Equal's board of directors and will be completed by way of a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act ( Alberta) (the "Arrangement").
The US$5.43 per share offered represents a 56% premium to the US$3.49 closing price on March 22, 2013, the trading day prior to the Company's announcement that it was pursuing a strategic alternatives process. The consideration is also a 23% premium to the US$4.43 closing price on November 18, 2013, the trading day prior to Equal's announcement that the strategic alternatives process successfully resulted in exclusive negotiations for a proposed transaction.
Equal's board of directors, with input from the Company's advisors and management team, unanimously determined that the Arrangement with Petroflow is in the best interest of the Company's shareholders. In light of this determination, the Board has resolved to recommend that its shareholders vote their shares in favor of the Arrangement. All members of management of the Company and its board of directors have indicated their intention to vote their shares in favor of the Arrangement.
The Arrangement must be approved by a vote of 66 2/3% of the votes cast by shareholders at a special meeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV