3 Ways to Stay Motivated at Work This Winter
If you feel like you never have time in your schedule to be social, it's OK to make that one of your goals for the season, says Amanda Augustine, job search expert for TheLadders.
"Give yourself one big goal to work towards during the winter months. This could be related to your professional or personal life, such as becoming more involved in charity work, getting rid of your credit card debt, focusing on your professional development or conquering a fear that's held you back in the past," she says.
When you feel you've accomplished at least part of your goal, reward yourself by being even more social -- you might start with something small such as treating yourself to a mani-pedi or a nice dinner out with friends, Augustine says.
If you feel discouraged, remember that different people require different forms of motivation to keep their spirits up and their interest in social activities high."The key is to find out what works for you and incorporate that activity into your daily routine," she says. "Whether it involves meditation, a kickboxing class, journaling or looking at cute baby animals online, find what works for you and make time each and every day to lift your spirits and get in the right mindset to take on the day."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV