OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Dec. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq:YRCW) announced today that local union leaders of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) have approved sending the company's proposed changes to the current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to its 26,000 YRCW members for a vote. The company believes that the IBT will mail the requisite ballots early next week and will collect and count the results on Wednesday, January 8, 2014.
The company will begin holding meetings with employees this weekend to discuss the proposal, which seeks to extend the MOU five years and provides operating flexibilities that will enable the company to more effectively compete and serve customers in the North American LTL market. The proposal will not reduce wages, health or pension contributions for current employees.
About YRC WorldwideYRC Worldwide Inc., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., is the holding company for a portfolio of successful companies including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn. YRC Worldwide has one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload (LTL) networks in North America with local, regional, national and international capabilities. Through its team of experienced service professionals, YRC Worldwide offers industry-leading expertise in heavyweight shipments and flexible supply chain solutions, ensuring customers can ship industrial, commercial and retail goods with confidence. Please visit www.yrcw.com for more information. Follow YRC Worldwide on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yrcworldwide
CONTACT: Media Contact: Suzanne Dawson LAK Public Relations, Inc. 212-329-1420 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV