Patricia Zapata from Kingwood, Texas was crowned the 2013 “Scotch Brand Most Gifted Wrapper” in a national gift wrapping contest sponsored by 3M, the maker of Scotch Brand Tape. After wrapping various odd-shaped items, including a full-size paddle boat with a canopy, Zapata was awarded the ultimate holiday present – a $10,000 cash prize – for her amazing wraps.
Patricia Zapata a gift wrapper from Kingwood, Texas gift-wraps a full-size paddleboat with a canopy in the final round of the Scotch Brand Most Gifted Wrapper Contest on Friday, December 6, 2013 at Celsius at Bryant Park in New York City. (Photo: SCOTCH BRAND/ Ray Stubblebine)
All contest press materials, downloadable b-roll footage and contest photos will be posted as available to MostGiftedWrapperMedia.com.
About the contest:
- Eight finalists wrapped odd-shaped gifts in three rounds during the contest:
- Round 1: toy castle and a boxed gift
- Round 2: children’s go-kart
- Round 3: full-size paddleboat with a canopy
- The contestants were judged on two criteria: appearance of the wrapped gifts and the technique used to wrap the gifts. In the event of a tie, speed was the determining factor.
- Zapata, along with seven other gifted wrappers, was selected to participate in the contest based on a brief entry video and gift-wrapping tip that illustrated her talent and experience in the art of gift wrapping.
About the first runner-up and other contestants:
- The first runner-up, Melinda Cantor from Deer Park, N.Y., received a $2,500 cash prize. Cantor owns Only You Gifts in Islip, N.Y.
- The following six contestants also received smaller cash prizes:
- Mia Canada from Atlanta, Ga. of That’s a Wrap!
- Diane Henkler from Lansdale, Pa.
- Lisa Huff Kroll from Monrovia, Calif.
- Vickie Ransbottom from Dallas, Ga.
- Julia Rose from North Richland, Texas
- Esther Thiel from Chesterfield, Mo.
- The judging panel consisted of three gift wrapping experts:
- Martin Amado, bilingual home and lifestyle expert
- Erica Domesek, founder of the DIY Lifestyle brand P.S. I made this…
- Mark Ski, former producer for Martha Stewart Living
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV