With the holiday shopping crunch in full swing, Blockbuster is making gift-giving affordable with deep discounts on some of the year’s hottest movies and popular titles.
Starting today, Blockbuster company-owned stores around the country will offer three DVDs for $10. Individual movies are available at more than 70 percent off, originally priced at approximately $14.99 and now available for $3.99. Titles included in the discount are previously-viewed DVDs specially packaged in blue sleeves. Additionally, Blu-ray discs and games are being offered at a discount. Products are available to all shoppers, not just Blockbuster members.
“Game consoles, HD TVs and computers are topping wish lists this season, and once the wrapping comes off, it’s time to put those great gifts to use,” said Mitch Weinraub, vice president of product for Blockbuster. “Whether shoppers are looking to complement a big gift, need an affordable stocking stuffer or are starting a family holiday movie night tradition, Blockbuster has an array of options at a great price.”
The promotion comes in the wake of an announcement last month that Blockbuster L.L.C., a wholly-owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation, would be closing its approximately 300 U.S.-based corporate retail stores.A full list of participating stores and store hours can be found here. About DISH DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.049 million satellite TV customers, as of Sept. 30, 2013, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life ®. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV