W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB) today announced the appointment of Gerald B. Bushey as president of Carolina Casualty Insurance Group, a W. R. Berkley Company. The appointment is effective immediately.
Based in Jacksonville, Florida, Carolina Casualty is a leader in the commercial transportation insurance industry, focused on writing intermediate and long-haul trucking, and business and public auto. Mr. Bushey succeeds Douglas J. Powers, who is retiring.
Mr. Bushey has more than 40 years of experience in the property casualty insurance industry and has been Carolina Casualty’s vice president of underwriting since 2009. Over the course of his career, he has been involved in virtually all facets of transportation insurance at leading national carriers.
William R. Berkley, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, commented, “We are pleased to have Jerry, a seasoned insurance professional with both a thorough understanding of the business and an appreciation of our culture and vision, to assume the leadership role at Carolina Casualty. We thank Doug for his many years of service to W. R. Berkley Corporation.”Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates in three segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance-Domestic, Insurance-International, and Reinsurance-Global.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV