LifeMap Sciences, Inc., a subsidiary of BioTime, Inc. (NYSE MKT: BTX), announced today the release of GeneCards ®, Version 3.11. The new release is available at www.genecards.org. GeneCards ® is a comprehensive online database that provides comprehensive information on all human genes. It is accessed by professionals in many institutions including academia, research hospitals, patent offices, and leading biotech and pharma companies. LifeMap Sciences holds the exclusive worldwide license to market GeneCards ® from Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd., the commercial arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
GeneCards ® 3.11 now showcases gene-related scientific conferences, including links to ESCMID 2014 on Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, AD/PD 2014 on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and ISPPD-9 on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal diseases.
Additional features of the new GeneCards ® release include:
- More than 122,000 gene entries, including the world’s largest arsenal of ~77,000 non-protein-coding RNAs.
- Revamped comprehensive version of the popular disease-gene list with links to MalaCards ( www.malacards.org), our Human Disease Compendium.
- Enhanced information about genetic variations and disease mutations from UniProtKB
- Gene classifications from HGNC and IUPHAR
- Information on protein-binding ligands from the International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR)
- Enhanced proteomics section with new tissue expression data from the renown MAXQB
- Improved presentation of expression in embryonic tissues from LifeMap Discovery™ ( discovery.lifemapsc.com) and new antibodies.
“It is a pleasure to see GeneCards making new progress in its mission to cover ‘all about human genes’. I am especially proud to see the new information from the International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, covering both gene-related binding molecules (ligands) and protein classification. Along with our newly enhanced super-pathways and novel proteome data, these items portray the inventiveness of our academic team,” said Professor Doron Lancet, Ph.D., The Ralph D. and Lois R. Silver Professor of Human Genomics, at the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV