Kelly said 3-D printing stocks are overbought in the short term but offer investors an opportunity to buy into a long-term, revolutionary technology.
Adami added the industry will eventually become commoditized, which is bad for shareholders. But perhaps big tech names such as International Business Machine (IBM) or Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) will look to the space for potential M&A candidates in an attempt to drive growth.
Dennis Gartman, publisher of The Gartman Letter, was a guest on the show who provided his top five trades through the end of the year, in this order:
- Short yen/long Canadian dollar and British pound
- Long gold in yen dollars
- Long the Nikkei
- Long steel, copper, railroads and ships
- Short U.S. government bonds
Adami said investors aren't buying Twitter (TWTR) for its fundamentals because it's very overvalued. He added the stock could be setting up for an interesting short position.Seymour said Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) has solid support near $33 to $34 and investors could likely get long with a stop just below that level. Adami concurred. SodaStream International (SODA) was the first stock on the show's "Pops & Drops" segment. Finerman said the products are selling much better this year than in 2012.
McDonald's (MCD) fell 1% and Seymour said investors can continue to own the stock, despite its recent shortfalls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV