Karen Finerman, president of Metropolitan Capital Advisers, said shares of GM have rallied on this news, which is interesting because more shares are coming to the market and that usually negatively affects the stock price. She added GM has strong fundamentals.
Tim Seymour, managing partner of Triogem Asset Management, said he doesn't know if GM will initiate a dividend as soon as many investors believe because the current buyback is so big. He added that Tata Motors Limited (TTM) looks like a good buy.
Brian Kelly, founder of Brian Kelly Capital, said he would be a buyer of the stock and not a seller on this news.Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said GM stock has rallied a ton since July while Ford (F) has mostly traded sideways. He added that he would be a buyer of Ford. With shares of Google (GOOG) near all-time highs, Finerman defended the stock, saying it's not a bubble. She added that it's cheap compared to a lot of its competitors. Seymour called the stock "conservative," considering its growth rate. Adami said shares of Micron (MU) are cheap based on valuation, while the share price could continue to squeeze short-sellers. Seymour disagreed, saying the stock is highly overbought at current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV