LAS VEGAS, Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nothing tops ringing in the New Year in Las Vegas, where the hottest entertainment, A-list celebrities and a brilliant fireworks celebration come together to ignite an electrifying countdown atmosphere.
To help visitors ring in 2014 the Las Vegas way, experts from MGM Resorts International offer insider tips on how to plan and navigate #VegasNYE: For more details and booking information, visit newsroom.mgmresorts.com.
1. RACE AGAINST THE CLOCKGood things come to those who wait, but #VegasNYE room rates are not one of them; rates will only go up so hurry and book your stay now. Resorts such as Bellagio, MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay require guests to check in Dec. 30 with two-night minimum. For those planning to only spend Dec. 31 in town, resorts including ARIA and The Mirage can accommodate guests checking in on New Year's Eve. Insider tip: Avoid the planning hassle with Monte Carlo's "Ring in 2014 in VIP Style" package where guests can save up to 25% off rates along with entry to The Pub's NYE party while relaxing the next day with up to 20% off spa treatments. 2. JOIN THE A-LISTERS Party the night away with top celebrities and special performances at Sin City's hottest clubs – Calvin Harris will drop beats at Hakkasan at MGM Grand, Boyz II Men will host at The Beatles REVOLUTION Lounge at The Mirage, Common will perform at The Bank at Bellagio and J. Cole rings in 2014 at 1 OAK at The Mirage. Guests looking for a show-stopper to spice up their countdown can head to HAZE Nightclub at ARIA. The sizzling nightclub will host a legendary live performance by John Legend, a critically acclaimed nine-time GRAMMY Award-winning singer and songwriter. 3. BEST SPOTS TO SEE FIREWORKS Fireworks light up the sky along Las Vegas Boulevard at midnight so it's crucial to find a good vantage point well ahead of time. The best-kept secret locales are miX Lounge and Foundation Room atop Mandalay Bay. Each venue has an outdoor patio and floor-to-ceiling windows facing The Strip for a bird's eye view so guests won't miss any of the action. Insider tip: Want to be on The Strip and still watch the fireworks? Try the outdoor patios at Diablo's at Monte Carlo and Nine Fine Irishmen at New York-New York – right in the middle of all the action. 4. FOOD FOR FUEL Foodies might find it challenging to choose a dining venue among The Strip's countless mouthwatering options, but have no fear! Guests looking for an exceptional meal and an unparalleled dining experience should try Julian Serrano's Picasso or Jean-George Vongerichten's Prime Steakhouse at Bellagio, both located by the resort's award-winning Fountains. Running out of new Vegas restaurants to try? TENDER Steak & Seafood at Luxor is debuting a special menu item - TENDER Rossini and Lobster. The delectable course features of an 8-ounce grilled Black Angus beef filet mignon served with roasted foie gras, a truffle Madeira sauce and more than a pound of braised Maine lobster. Insider tip: Many restaurants offer special NYE prix fixe menus, such as FiAMMA Trattoria & Bar at MGM Grand. Diners can indulge in this extravagant menu featuring options such as terrine of foie gras and lobster or sea bass steak in a potato crust. It's a culinary experience worth celebrating. 5. LIVE LIKE A HIGH ROLLER Visiting Vegas with an entourage? Staying in a suite is surely the best bet. Most suites are more affordable with larger groups and have expansive entertainment areas, or even billiards tables, for a private celebration. If a panoramic view of The Strip is a must, the newly renovated Skyline Terrace Suites at MGM Grand offer two stories of chic living and entertainment space, an outdoor patio with lounge chairs, and spectacular views of The Strip (plus fireworks)! Insider tip: Other amazing suite options include Sky Villas at ARIA and The Villas at The Mirage. Both options provide personal butlers who will arrange limousine transportation to and from the airport and stock the fridge with guests' celebratory drink of choice. All that's left to do is enjoy the party. 6. KEEP CALM AND PARTY ON There are countless celebration spots on NYE, but for those looking to go big, the new Beacher's Madhouse at MGM Grand is the place to be. With the energy of a circus and the atmosphere of an A-list Hollywood party, the legendary venue returns to Las Vegas in December and promises a night filled with outrageously sexy and over-the-top Vaudeville-inspired performances for its NYE extravaganza. Want to celebrate like it's NYE every day? Head over to LIGHT Nightclub at Mandalay Bay for a three-night bash starting Dec. 30. The trilogy will feature crossover dance music mastermind Nicky Romero, world-class DJ Sebastian Ingrosso and Sweden's hottest talent Alesso. 7. PAINT THE TOWN GOLD Those looking to experience the gold standard of #VegasNYE parties should make sure they are at Mandalay Bay before the clock strikes midnight. The celebration will begin at 2 p.m. when the entire resort turns into a glimmering fusion of golden moments, complete with extraordinary gold-themed accents and lavishly costumed models throughout the hotel and beyond. The complimentary event will present delightful golden flake desserts, unique gold spa treatments, specialty drink menus and prize giveaways at select restaurants, bars, lounges and spas for an electrifying evening. Guests will have a once-in-a-lifetime experience on one of Vegas' most exciting nights of the year. Insider tip: Photo booths will be set up at various venues around the property allowing partiers to instantly share their #VegasNYE experience on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Say cheese! 8. DAZZLE LIKE A STAR Get ready for 2014 with a new look from the renowned Cristophe Salon at MGM Grand. Getting a chic, sleek haircut by celebrity hairstylist Cristophe himself or a blow dry with extensions might be that much-needed new beginning. If guests want to stand out from the crowd, they can look festive with a Golden Cinnamon Pedicure topped with a delicate dusting of gold powder at MGM Grand Spa. 9. THE SHOW MUST GO ON A trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World isn't complete without taking in a show. For a taste of Cirque du Soleil on #VegasNYE, guests can choose from four shows - the new Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay, Zumanity at New York-New York, The Beatles LOVE at The Mirage or "O" at Bellagio. Looking to end the year with side-splitting laughter? Then be sure to head to Brad Garrett 's Comedy Club at MGM Grand for special guests Darrell Joyce, Michael Somerville and Michael Malone. Perennial favorite Blue Man Group will be entertaining guests with their new show at Monte Carlo this #VegasNYE. Insider tip: Don't have a special someone for that midnight kiss? Don't fret! Spend the evening being serenaded by People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive," Adam Levine, at the Maroon 5 concert at Mandalay Bay Events Center. 10. HEADACHE-FREE 2014 When the party's over, start the New Year with a clear mind and refresh the body with hydration therapy at REVIV at MGM Grand. Restore important nutrients with IV treatments infused with vitamins and medications, or simply lounge in a massage chair after a session at the oxygen bar and sip vitamin water. Traditionalists seeking a hearty breakfast and "hair of the dog" should visit Citizens Kitchen & Bar at Mandalay Bay for its New Year's Day Brunch Special with bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Click to Tweet: Top 10 ways to celebrate #VegasNYE from entertainment experts at #MGMResorts newsroom.mgmresorts.com ABOUT MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies, operating a peerless portfolio of destination resort brands, including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit mgmresorts.com. SOURCE MGM Resorts International
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV