2. As of noon trading, Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) is up $0.43 (0.5%) to $79.87 on light volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $79.71-$80.23 after having opened the day at $79.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.44. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam's Club. Wal-Mart Stores has a market cap of $260.2 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Wal-Mart Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wal-Mart Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts