Dec. 6, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- The internet's most popular website for K-6 teachers, Scholastic.com, which hosts 1.6 million unique visitors weekly, today announced its most trafficked
season ever. With page views up by 53 percent from last year, the Scholastic's
from Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, continues to serve as the content and e-Commerce hub for everything a teacher needs most for use in the classroom.
In the weeks leading up to
, Scholastic.com typically sees high numbers of visitors as educators look for content to help them teach about the history of
. For elementary school teachers and children, Scholastic offers a rich
feast of content. Scholastic.com's popular
unit includes four video field trips exploring Pilgrim and Wampanoag daily life, interactive features on the Mayflower voyage, photos, and rich collections of teaching resources and recommended books and materials for students.
In the month leading up to
, Scholastic.com tallied:
- 11 million page views just for Thanksgiving content and videos.
- More than 1 million video plays, a 160 percent increase from last year.
- 360,000 plays of the newest video, Mayflower: Virtual Field Trip
- 980,000 combined plays of the four " virtual field trips" in the Thanksgiving unit.
- 14,000 classrooms registered to receive resources that portray life in 1621 from the points of view of a Pilgrim girl and a Wampanoag boy.
"We are thrilled to see so many classrooms using the free resources offered on Scholastic.com. From
videos to daily lesson ideas, Scholastic's Teachers Site continues to support educators and students with the content and tools they need and want to use," said
, Senior Vice President & Chief Academic Officer for Scholastic.
For more information about Scholastic, visit our Media Room: