Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 12/10/13, Linn Energy LLC (LINE) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.2416, payable on 12/17/13. As a percentage of LINE's recent stock price of $30.97, this dividend works out to approximately 0.78%, so look for shares of Linn Energy LLC to trade 0.78% lower — all else being equal — when LINE shares open for trading on 12/10/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for LINE, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.2416 declared by Linn Energy LLC:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from LINE is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 9.36% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of LINE shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, LINE's low point in its 52 week range is $20.35 per share, with $39.50 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $30.95.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, LINE makes up 1.61% of the Unconventional Oil & Gas ETF (FRAK) which is trading up by about 1.2% on the day Friday. In Friday trading, Linn Energy LLC shares are currently up about 1.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV