C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. (CHRW) has been named as the ''Top Dividend Stock of the Dow Transports'', according to Dividend Channel, which published its most recent ''DividendRank'' report. The report noted that among the components of the Dow Jones Transportation Average, CHRW shares displayed both attractive valuation metrics and strong profitability metrics. The report also cited the strong quarterly dividend history at C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc., and favorable long-term multi-year growth rates in key fundamental data points.
The report stated, '' Dividend investors approaching investing from a value standpoint are generally most interested in researching the strongest most profitable companies, that also happen to be trading at an attractive valuation. That's what we aim to find using our proprietary DividendRank formula, which ranks the coverage universe based upon our various criteria for both profitability and valuation, to generate a list of the top most 'interesting' stocks, meant for investors as a source of ideas that merit further research.''
The Dow Jones Transportation Average, or ''Dow Transports'' for short, actually pre-dates the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and is the most widely followed index covering the American transportation sector. Click here to see the most popular ETF that follows the Dow Transports, and see the components and their weights, at ETFChannel.com »The current annualized dividend paid by C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. is $1.4/share, currently paid in quarterly installments, and its most recent dividend has an upcoming ex-date of 12/13/2013. Below is a long-term dividend history chart for CHRW, which the report stressed as being of key importance. Indeed, studying a company's past dividend history can be of good help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV