To honor the life and legacy of Former South African President Nelson Mandela, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) will observe a 1-minute moment of silence today at 9:25 a.m. EST on the trading floor. On behalf of the entire NYSE community, we send our deepest sympathies and condolences to the people of South Africa and the Mandela family on this sad occasion.
Nelson Mandela visiting the NYSE floor on May 9, 2002.
"It is with great sadness that we learned of the death of Nelson Mandela," said Duncan L. Niederauer, President, ICE and CEO, NYSE. "President Mandela is a seminal figure in world history. The strength and dignity he displayed in enduring decades of mistreatment was surpassed only by his incredible capacity for reconciliation and forgiveness."
About IntercontinentalExchange Group
IntercontinentalExchange Group (NYSE: ICE) is the leading network of regulated exchanges and clearing houses for financial and commodity markets. ICE delivers transparent, reliable and accessible data, technology and risk management services to markets around the world through its portfolio of exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, ICE Futures, Liffe and Euronext.Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include IntercontinentalExchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE Euronext, NYSE, New York Stock Exchange, LIFFE and Euronext. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of IntercontinentalExchange Group, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at https://www.theice.com/terms.jhtml and http://www.nyx.com/terms-use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV