TORONTO, December 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Close spaced diamond drilling program shows good continuity of mineralization and excellent correlation between the new drilling and the existing resource model.
- The program provides the Joint Venture team the necessary information to define the drill spacing required to upgrade Indicated to Measured Resource within the resource base.
- AMEC is currently working on a revised Technical Report updating the current September 15, 2012 resource estimate.
- The holes show excellent consistency within the Maturi Deposit.
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals") (TSX: DM) (TSX: DM.U) is pleased to announce that Twin Metals Minnesota LLC ("Twin Metals") has completed 35 closely spaced diamond drill holes within the Maturi Deposit. This drilling was designed to provide the Joint Venture team the necessary information to define the drill spacing required to upgrade Indicated to Measured Resource within the resource base. The program completed two crossing perpendicular fence lines, each 1000 feet in length with holes spaced 50 feet apart within the basal mineralized zones (Figs. 1-3). The program utilized four (4) existing holes in addition to the 35 new holes. Preliminary examination of drilling and assay results shows an excellent correlation between the new drilling and the existing resource model.
"It is seldom, if ever, that you can expect to match new drilling to an existing geological model with this kind of precision," said Vern Baker, President of Duluth Metals Limited. "The way this drilling matches to the existing model shows once again how this resource has a consistency and continuity beyond most metallic resources."Figure 1 is a map showing the fence drill holes locations. Figure 2 shows a cross section along the SW to NE drill hole fence, and Figure 3 shows a cross section along the NW to SE drill hole fence.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts