- Choose a fresh Christmas tree and water it frequently. Place the tree in a stand that will not tip over and keep the tree away from heat sources and exits.
- Keep burning candles away from decorations and other materials that can catch fire. Do not leave children unattended in a room with lighted candles.
- Never leave the stove unattended while cooking, and turn pot handles inward on the stove and out of children's reach.
- Make sure the fireplace flue is open before starting a fire, and never burn wrappings or a Christmas tree in the fireplace.
- Have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home, especially near sleeping areas.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Light Up Your Home Affordably And Safely For The Holidays: Indoor, Outdoor Decorations Cost Less Than $4 For December
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.