DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Hundreds of Ford volunteers are packing, cooking and serving meals on a Ford Accelerated Action Day focused on feeding the hungry
- Ford employees are working in MODEL Teams at more than three dozen locations in four states – Arizona, Michigan, South Carolina and Washington
- Ford and its employees participate in many hunger-relief efforts throughout the year, contributing vehicles, dollars and manpower to help our neighbors
The Ford Volunteer Corps is out in the community on a Ford Accelerated Action Day dedicated to feeding the hungry.
More than 600 Ford employees are cooking and serving meals, sorting food and stocking shelves, and making deliveries to feed men, women and children in need. Ford volunteers have teamed up with nonprofit partners at food banks, shelters and care centers.
"Ford and its employees are committed to building stronger communities and one of the most important ways we do that is by helping meet some of the most basic needs of our neighbors," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "We are very thankful for all we have and it just comes naturally to share some of our good fortune with the less fortunate in our communities."Many of the nonprofit organizations participating in today's volunteer effort will share $85,000 in Ford grants to buy the food and materials needed to complete their projects. Those partners include: Capuchin Soup Kitchen , Detroit - Pack and distribute emergency food packages City Mission , Detroit - Prepare holiday dinner, fill pantry and stockings COTS , Detroit - Prepare & serve holiday meal to residents and guests Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries , Detroit - Help pack food boxes for families Focus: HOPE , Detroit - Pack holiday food boxes for needy seniors Food Gatherers , Ann Arbor - Assemble 720 food boxes HAVEN , Pontiac - Make improvements to kitchen and food pantry Lighthouse of Oakland County , Pontiac - Transport food, sort and fill food pantry Matrix Human Services , Detroit - Assemble, wrap & distribute food baskets Ruth Ellis Center , Highland Park - Prepare meals & care packages for homeless youth Salvation Army - Harbor Light, Detroit - Distribute food on Bed & Bread truck, prepare lunch Society of St. Vincent de Paul , Detroit - Sort & pack emergency food at Gleaners Southwest Solutions , Detroit - Pack basic needs kits, prepare and serve lunch Veteran's Haven, Wayne - Organize food warehouse, distribute food to veterans Veteran's Haven , Westland - Package "pantry packs" at Gleaners for needy vets Ford and its employees support many hunger relief activities throughout the year. Ford participates in the Holiday Meals on Wheels program, supports the Salvation Army's Bed & Bread Club and is partnering with The Parade Company to feed the hungry through Gleaners Community Food Bank. Ford also has provided Transit Connect mobile food pantries and disaster relief vehicles to 36 community organizations that deliver food and help communities from coast to coast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV