DALLAS, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless, the owner and operator of the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network, announced that its network is ready for the wintry weather.
Verizon Wireless prepares year-round for hurricanes, ice storms, tornadoes and other natural disasters to provide customers with reliable wireless coverage.
To support residents and businesses across Central Texas, Verizon Wireless has made the ongoing efforts in network preparations:
- The company has Cells on Wheels (COWs), Cells on Light Trucks (COLTs), and portable generators that can be rolled into hard-hit locations or areas that need extra network capacity.
- Verizon Wireless pre-arranges fuel delivery to mobile units and generators to keep the network operating at full strength even if power is lost for an extended period of time.
- Business continuity/disaster recovery plans are in place so the company can continue vital operations to serve customers during emergency situations.
- Test men and women are available to travel and measure the quality of Verizon Wireless voice and data service calls across the country.
- Verizon conducts hundreds of emergency exercises each year, simulating events such as natural disasters, transportation disruptions and power outages.
More Information Available
- Follow VZWNews on Twitter for ongoing network updates, enhancements and other information.
- See information about Verizon Wireless's year-round network preparation for natural disasters and other emergencies.
- Find additional information on Verizon Wireless at www.verizonwireless.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV