Hamilton, Bermuda, Dec. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Golar LNG Limited (the "Company") announced today that it has entered into an agreement to sell its ownership interest in the company that will own and operate the floating storage and regasification unit ("FSRU") Golar Igloo ("Igloo") to Golar LNG Partners L.P. ("Golar Partners") for a price of USD310 million. The transaction is subject to the satisfaction of certain closing conditions.
Net proceeds received from the sale will be applied against the remaining interim instalments of the Company's newbuild program and create liquidity which can be used as part equity in a potential ordering of a FLNG vessel.
This transaction is further testament to a corporate structure that has now fully funded the equity component of the Company's current newbuilding program whilst simultaneously providing for the growth of Golar Partners.
|December 5, 2013|
|Enquiries: Golar Management Limited: + 44 207 063 7900|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV