OTTAWA, Dec. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a leading provider of cloud and software-based unified communications and collaboration (UCC) solutions, today announced financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 ended October 31, 2013. All financial results are in U.S. dollars.
"Sequential revenue growth and solid expense control enabled us to produce record gross margin of 58.2% for the second quarter," said Richard McBee, Chief Executive Officer, Mitel. "Cloud and contact center, two strategic areas where we are investing to support growth, continue to gain traction. Strong customer acceptance of our solutions proved to offset the temporary impacts we experienced during the last month of the quarter as a result of the US government shutdown."
Fiscal Second Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights
- Revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was $144.9 million.
- Gross margin for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was 58.2%.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was $24.8 million, or 17.1% of revenues.
- Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was $12.7 million, or $0.22 per share.
- Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was $5.4 million, or $0.10 per share, diluted.
- Cash and cash equivalents as of October 31, 2013 were $70.5 million.
- Operating cash flows for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 were $16.0 million.
- Mitel Communications Solutions revenues for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 were $118.8 million. Operating margin for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was 25%.
- Mitel NetSolutions revenues for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 were $22.1 million. Operating margin for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was 20%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV