Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that November 2013 net sales increased 8 percent compared with last year. Net sales for the four-week period ended November 30, 2013 were $1.63 billion compared with net sales of $1.52 billion for the four-week period ended November 24, 2012.
Gap Inc.’s comparable sales for November 2013 were up 2 percent versus a 3 percent increase for November 2012. Due to the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2012, comparable sales for November 2013 are compared to the four-week period ended December 1, 2012.
“We are pleased with how we competed and delivered in November, providing a seamless experience for our customers whether they shopped in stores, online or on their mobile devices,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
November Comparable Sales ResultsComparable sales by global brand for November 2013 were as follows:
- Gap Global: positive 2 percent versus positive 4 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 1 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: positive 3 percent versus positive 1 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV