Third-quarter GDP jumped to 3.6%, the best reading since the first quarter of 2012, Borchardt said. She added that jobless claims fell 23,000, to 298,000.
Although the headline GDP number looked good, Borchardt pointed out that inventories jumped while personal consumption fell to 1.04% from 1.2%, the weakest result since 2009.
She added that the buildup of inventory should create plenty of deals for consumers and shoppers in the months ahead, while the weak consumption data help explain recent earnings blunders from retail companies.Turning to the new Mustang, Borchardt said the car looks "spectacular." Reed said Ford is trying to build an iconic Mustang that will appeal to nostalgic baby boomers while also attracting new buyers in China and among the under-35 set.
He said the new Mustang attempts to provide a slick modern feel while evoking images of the 1968 movie Bullitt, in which a police lieutenant played by Steve McQueen drives a Mustang in a hair-raising chase.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV