BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- We'll be another week closer to the end of 2013 trading after tomorrow's close. And while December's market sessions haven't exactly started off with fanfare and frenzied buying, stocks are still slated to close the year on a high note.
With 25.7% gains in the S&P 500 year-to-date, the big index is currently on track for its best year in a decade.
But just because there's less than a month left in the year doesn't mean that investors should just operate on autopilot for the rest of 2013; there are still some big trading opportunities squeezed into the last three weeks of December. That's why we're taking a technical look at five big-name trades to take this week.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Breakout Stock Trades for a Santa Claus Rally Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV