3. As of noon trading, PPL ( PPL) is down $0.43 (-1.4%) to $30.42 on light volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $30.40-$30.84 after having opened the day at $30.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.85. PPL Corporation, an energy and utility holding company, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to wholesale and retail customers in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company operates in four segments: Kentucky Regulated, U.K. PPL has a market cap of $19.4 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate PPL a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PPL as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full PPL Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts