2. As of noon trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) is up $1.15 (1.3%) to $88.34 on average volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $86.90-$88.46 after having opened the day at $87.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.19. Norfolk Southern Corporation engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods in the United States. Norfolk Southern Corporation has a market cap of $27.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 41.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Norfolk Southern Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts