NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple
(AAPL) appears to finally have its positive momentum back and TheStreet's Action Alerts PLUS portfolio managers Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link give their thoughts on the stock.
The duo has finally purchased shares of AAPL, after being legally restricted from doing so for quite some time and Link added that they would not hesitate to add more.
She added that the China Mobile Limited (CHL) deal would be a positive catalyst going forward. Along with holiday sales and stabilizing margins, Link also suggested that sentiment for the stock is much more positive than it has been in the past.
On that note, Cramer said a lot of institutional investors haven't been involved heavily in the stock, and that many of the traders are just getting back into the name, meaning more upside should occur.
Link said she spoke with several institutional investors, who confirmed that they were underweight or equal-weight on the stock, suggesting that they have yet to aggressively allocate capital to it.Cramer concluded that consumers are finally realizing how great the new operation system is and that the iPads appear to be selling well so far. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV